Pages

Thankful Thursday


Our Kindergarten Binders.
In life with five kids, it's so easy to become unaware of the things you should be thankful for. You get too busy, too excited, too overwhelmed - you don't realize that there's more to it than the things that happen everyday - that there is something more. But isn't that why we do what we do - because there's something more that we're leading our kids to? So I've decided that each week I'm going to make a list of things I'm thankful for that week - I think mostly it will be a lot of the same things, but it may very well be different things every time.

I'm thankful that I have a Father who loves me. That I can live and breathe everyday, because He gave His son for me, that I could live without blemish in His death.

Malaki's sequence drawing.
I'm thankful that I have a husband who supports me. He does everything for our family that a man is expected to do, and he helps even when I don't ask. He loves me, and he encourages me.

I'm thankful for my children. They are beautiful and smart, funny and kind. They bring me so much joy. I may get tired and irritated, but nothing can compare to what they bring. No amount of irritation could ruin how happy they make me.

I am thankful that I can stay home with my kids. Not only is it not affordable to put four young children in daycare, but it's not emotionally affordable, either. When I worked and my husband stayed home, I was miserable. I missed my kids.

I'm thankful that I live in a society that homeschooling is becoming acceptable and I don't have to hide it. I'm so grateful for the families that fought to get me the rights I have when it comes to my children's educations.


Zarek doing addition problems.
I'm thankful for the job my husband has. It may not be as much as we wished it was, but it provides and that's what is important. I'm glad that he is able to work forty hours a week, sometimes more, and that we don't struggle as much as so many people do.

I'm thankful for my church. There are so many great people there, and they are all so supportive. I've not really ever needed much from anyone there, but when I have, they have really come through and been there for me and my family.

I'm thankful for my family that is there for me no matter what. There have been so many things in the last several years that I have been through, and they've been there regardless of what it is. They love me no matter what, and I'm grateful for that.

I'm thankful for my friends, no matter how few they are. I used to be a social butterfly, but when I started having kids, the friend selection became so slim. I wanted the right kind of people around my kids, and so many of them just didn't fit in that category anymore. My kids are the reason for everything I do, and I don't want to be around the wrong kind of people who could influence my kids to do things I don't want them doing - not that they don't find that stuff outside in the neighborhood, but that's not the point!

Azariah and I's 'Ninja Stars'.
I'm sure I have a lot more to be thankful for than this, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.














No comments:

Post a Comment