Pages

Planning

As a child you spend your days waiting for, and planning, to be an adult. You have no idea what adulthood is going to be like, but you plan fervently for your future. You want to fill the shoes that daddy so proudly wears. You want to be just like mommy.

Proverbs 21:5 says, "Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty."

As adults we can get ahead of ourselves, take shortcuts, as the proverbs say, and lead ourselves into poverty or destruction. If we don't wait on the Lord, we can lead ourselves down the wrong path. If He isn't showing us the path to take, how do we know it's the right one? If we just jump at an idea without praying and waiting, we may end up in a place He hadn't planned to send us; we'll have made a decision on our own without God's will being considered. Isn't it His will that we live for daily? 

In this time of waiting, I'm trying to slowly plan. "Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity..." - How do I know what planning is going to lead to prosperity? Well, I begin with preparing our hearts, praying for whatever God is going to do with us. Praying that He change our wills to match his. Not just mine and my husband's, but our children's as well. Right now, my daughter is set on San Diego - every night she says: mom, let's pray about San Diego. She is adamant about praying for it. She wants to go because mom has talked to her about it. 

If I have readied my daughter's heart for San Diego, how hurt will her heart be when God doesn't lead us there... The first step in the process of planning is preparing our hearts. Daily we will pray that God shows us his will, and that He aligns our wills with His. After that, where do we go? 

My husband is currently working on his portfolio, preparing himself for the aspect of a job in another area. However I can help him, even if it is just keeping the kids out of the way during the time that he's trying to work, that's what I'll do.

Nehemiah 1:11 says, "O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you."

Honoring God in my daily life, praying to Him daily, and following His will, even when I don't want to; these are the thing required of me. These are the things I must do. If I am to believe that He is leading us somewhere, how can I not do these minimal things?

No comments:

Post a Comment