Pages

Being Still

Lately, I've been stressing about the idea of moving away from where we are now. Corey & I have always wanted to move away from Kansas, but never thought we would have the opportunity or the determination until Azariah was 18. Neither of our hearts really lay here in Kansas. Our families are here, yes, but we very much want to be somewhere else.

Over a month ago, my friend's husband got the opportunity to go to California for work, and now they are moving there soon. (Her husband is already there, while she is here with their two kids trying to sell their home and waiting for the Lord to show them a place there to live.) In this time, she's been anxious to get there and be with her husband. We remind ourselves (I remind her, she reminds herself) almost daily, that she needs to be still. God will show them the perfect time, and the perfect place that they need to go to.

Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

It is hard, at times, to be still. Your flesh is impatient and wants to move NOW, wants results NOW. Our time is not the time; God's time is the time. If He says not yet, that doesn't mean no, it just means wait; be still

After learning of their opportunity, Corey and I decided that it is time for us to take the chance and move away from Kansas as well. We are hoping and praying that God will send us to California with our dear friends. We are satisfied to just move, though. Being away from here will be good. My flesh wants to say: these are my requirements - warm weather most of the year, good land to have plentiful crops for our family, and the beach! My spirit knows that God will give me what is good, will send me somewhere that my family can thrive. It may not be where I want, when I want, but God will get me somewhere. Or, he may tell us no. And I'm okay with that, I think. A part of me would be truly sad if He did say no. But the no may just be not now, and I'm okay with that, too. 





This morning, my oldest child, getting into the routine of school, got up at 6am with me. He thought it was such a nice morning, and he sat on the porch drawing a picture. I loved his outlook, and his motivation to do something good with his time. Instead of using my time to worry about whether or not we will be able to do what we want, I need to use my time to pray, wait, and be still.

Is there a situation in which you need to just be still? What verses or things do you remind yourself of when you know you're supposed to be still, but your flesh wants to be impatient?

1 comment: